Check out these other related sites:
* Romanian NOROC Site
* Profile of Mission Co-Worker, Rev. Mary Ferris written by the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A.
* Transcript of CNN's broadcast about NOROC on July 28, 2002, titled "Big Hearted Grannies Help Rumanian Orphanages."
* A NOROC webpage by First Central Presbyterian Church of Abilene, Texas, NOROC's church sponsor
* Jill Diffendal's experience teaching sensory therapy to NOROC's Grannies. From Advance for Occupational Therapies, Oct. 25, 2000
* BBC News article on how harmful Romanian Institutions are to the development of children. From February 17, 2006.
* Voices from Romania's Institutions. BBC News interviewed young people who grew up in Romanian orphanages for this report published July 8, 2005. The orphanages in Tulcea today are no better than those described by these Romanians -- but NOROC is helping children to survive, and bringing them hope for a brighter future.
* Romanian Orphans Face Widespread Abuse From the New York Times, May 10, 2006. What is described here would be the case in Tulcea, if it were not for NOROC. These are not isolated abuses; They are systematic decisions.